Like stop it with this “I’m the same as all the other therapists” stuff! Of course there are qualities that many therapists do share including things like being good listeners, being compassionate, ability to hold space etc. But there is more to you than that.
- You have unique life experience
- You approach helping people in a unique way
- You believe in things that are unique to you
- You have a unique understanding of what your best fit clients have gone through
- You as a person have a unique way of being
- You come from a unique blend of cultural and familial identities
There is pretty much no way you are “the same as other therapists.” You’re a unique sparkly butterfly unicorn snowflake ecstatically dancing in the sunshine on the top of the Himalayas after a snowstorm. Stop trying to hide. I can see you very clearly and you are amazing
If you need help discovering who you are and allowing yourself to authentically show up in your marketing, get help. We need humans who heal us with therapy, not humans who are “just another therapist.”
How are you showing up?